℅ Henry W. Thorpe, Jr.
245 Masonic Dr.
Vallejo, CA 94591
The Hogan/Vallejo Class of 1963 is offering two annual scholarships in
the amount of $500.00 each to any classmate's grandchild who is a
graduating high school senior from any high school. One scholarship
will be offered to a classmate's grandchild who is a graduating senior
from Hogan or Vallejo High School, and the other scholarship will be
offered to a classmate's child graduating from any other high school.
purpose of this scholarship is to reward a classmate's grandchild who
is a graduating senior for being a good student, active in
school/community, demonstrates leadership ability and also is pursuing
a goal in post-secondary education.
- Must be a child, grandchild, stepchild or adopted child of a classmate from
Hogan/Vallejo Class of 1963.
- Must be a graduating senior.
be furthering his/her education at a community or Junior college, four
year college/university, vocational/technical institute or business
- Completed applications must be received by May 1st of the current year at
245 Masonic Dr, Vallejo, CA 94591
|How To Apply
A completed application includes 1 thru 5 below.
The completed application will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee.
- An application. These are being mailed to the last known address of each classmate. You can also contact Henry Thorpe or click here to download in PDF format.
- A copy of your complete High School transcript. Final semester grades need not be included.
letter from the applicant stating his/her educational goals, career
interests, and leadership accomplishments. This letter should be as
concise as possible but it should give a complete picture of
accomplishments, hopes and dreams emphasizing how he/she plan on
attaining them, and how this scholarship will help achieve them.
- A separate sheet listing and briefly explaining his/her
involvement in extra curricular activities; memberships, offices held,
awards won in school, community organizations, and after school
- Two letters, one from a teacher or your counselor, and one from the head of one of your activities. (Limit one page).
The scholarship will be announced in June and all applicants will be
notified in writing of the final decision. The check will be mailed
upon proof of enrollment in higher education (usually September).